The Center is a nonprofit organization first incorporated in Pennsylvania in 1981 with its main office in Kensington, Maryland, and satellite offices in California, Florida, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, South Carolina and Wisconsin. The Center’s staff and network of expert consultants are configured into project teams that have diverse qualifications and backgrounds in corrections, organizational development, nonprofit management, training, criminal justice, human services research, agency administration, and policy development. In our work with clients, the Center:
- Strives to understand the world in which you work and the difficulties that you confront.
- Explores opportunities that will allow you to implement successful change.
- Places at your disposal a wealth of experience, knowledge of evidence-based practices and current trends, and its practical application to your work.
- Opens lines of communication across organizational and political boundaries and facilitates candid discussions to overcome barriers to change.
- Works closely with you to ask the appropriate questions and search for the right answers.